Having high-quality tradespeople for your business is not something that you can afford to take lightly. This is because the quality of the people you have on the ground can determine whether an operation succeeds or fails. Hiring the best tradies for your mining, manufacturing or construction business is, therefore, one of the most important things you will need to do to ensure that your business thrives.
But labour recruitment is not as straightforward as it sounds. It’s a complex exercise that requires well-developed processes and experience to ensure that only the most qualified and suited workers are brought on board. The complex nature of recruitment is what makes a lot of businesses across all industries struggle to bring in the best talent.
With labour hire, however, you can effectively outsource the recruitment function to professionals and concentrate on your core work. The labour hire company will handle all the recruitment functions to provide you with high-quality workers (tradies in this instance) on a permanent or temporary arrangement.
Benefits of using trades labour hire for your business
By using trades labour hire for your skilled labour needs, your business will enjoy the following benefits:
- Reduced staff sourcing costs. Recruiting is an expensive affair with things such as advertising for positions, evaluating CVs and conducting interviews consuming a significant chunk of resources – both time and money. Using trades labour hire lets you enjoy the efficiencies developed by labour hire firms from years of experience in the field, enabling you to get workers at a lower cost. This will help you free up funds for use in other areas of the business.
- Quick placements. Trades labour hire ensures that your projects are always completed on time by avoiding slowdowns due to labour Worker shortfalls due to annual leaves, illness or other unforeseeable reasons can be quickly sorted out to keep your projects on schedule. Labour hire companies keep extensive databases of pre-vetted tradespeople who are ready and willing to get to work as soon as possible.
- Easily bring in specialists to help with projects. Sometimes projects will require certain skillsets that might not be available in your current workforce. Trades labour hire enables you to bring in people with the skills you require on a temporary basis so that they can help out with the project.
- Workforce flexibility. Labour requirements will often fluctuate depending on the demand for products or the size of the project. Trades labour hire enables you to increase or shrink your workforce as required to match the current labour This way you don’t have to pay for idle workers when there’s less work, or suffer employee shortages when more hands are needed.
- Mass hiring capabilities. Because of their large skills pools, labour hire companies are able to fill a variety of positions at the same time. This enables you to acquire even an entire workforce for a project if necessary. Whatever number of employees you require, a labour hire company will be able to meet your needs without compromising the quality of the employees.
At Blue Collar People, we specialise in providing quality tradespeople for the mining, construction and manufacturing industries to ensure that your business has the right people to help it achieve its objectives.