Perthnow reports on latest job figures: http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/breaking-news/jobs-figures-confound-economists/story-fnhrvfsf-1227185785442
The rise in EMPLOYMENT was the third gain in a row over the past three months of October, November and December 2014, with 99,000 in total added in employment, across Australia, over those months.
This three month gain nearly equalled the 105,200 gain over the past 12 MONTHS to September.
Hopefully this will be the start of continuing good news on our economy. We now have a depreciating Australian dollar which will be great news for both out tourism industry and for our export industry, the cost of borrowing money is at historically low levels and all indications point towards the Reserve Bank of Australia ( RBA) not moving on interest rates for the foreseeable future.
Australian superannuation savings continue to grow and the unemployment rate is not at all high. Perhaps when we start feeling confident in the economy, investment spending will rise and this will create a good stimulus to get things rolling along smoothly again.
Personally I am quite confident because (some things mentioned above):
* Lower Australian dollar
* Tourism and Export Industries will be on the rise again soon
* Low rate of unemployment.
* Cost of borrowing money at extremely low levels – and will stay there for some time
* Superannuation savings continue to grow
* Our economy is growing at an annual rate of 3.0 – 3.5%
* Our population is increasing and this will require more housing, more food and more services.
Please add your comments to our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Collar-People/1484400968442110