Casual labour hire is a staffing solution that’s increasingly becoming more and more popular in Australian employment circles.
Many businesses and industries these days are taking advantage of the ease and convenience of finding just the right staff at just the right time without having to perform extensive advertising, screening and conducting endless interviews of prospects.
The modern world is an exceptionally busy one. Employers, business owners and managers don’t have a lot of disposable time to deal with recruitment, so casual labour hire is a ready made solution that’s like a breath of fresh air.
It’s the perfect answer:
- When suffering a staff shortage
- If staff members quit
- When approaching an extra busy time of the year
- When you don’t want fulltime or permanent staff
- To fill the void when regular staff go on holiday, maternity or sick leave
- And the list goes on…
Casual labour hire is both effective for short term, temporary projects as well as for long term employment requirements. One of the greatest advantages of having casuals on board to fill any employment and skills gaps required, is the flexibility.
People employed on a casual basis don’t work a set number of hours or times of the day. Employers and their casual staff can work with each other to fill the required work hours in a manner which suits the needs and lifestyles of both parties.
Casuals could work a morning, afternoon or evening shift and swap these shifts around as needed. There is the flexibility for a casual to work 40 hours one week and only 10 hours the next, depending on demand.
If you have a task or project to perform and only need extra skilled staff until project completion, then it just makes sense to hire casual labour for the duration of the task, rather than employ someone fulltime, but only temporarily.
Casual labour hire makes economic sense
Whether you’re a construction company, operate a mining business, a factory or some other trade, the hiring of temporary or casual employees is the way to go. You can have a ready and experienced workforce on hand whenever you need it.
If you were to do the hiring of casuals yourself, then you could be in for some time consuming headaches. Finding the right people to fill your needs is not always easy. It requires a keen eye to identify the right candidates, with an innate ability to recognise some of the following:
- Just the right mix of skills and experience. Candidates need to be able to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Adaptability is also important, as is flexibility when it comes to the role of casual employees, as these workers may have ever changing roles and hours of work
- Enthusiasm for the role and a keenness to do great work and to work diligently. Not everybody makes a great casual employee, but individuals who embrace and enjoy the flexibility of casual employment are the staff who will put in the best effort
- You also want your casual staffers to be trainable and teachable. Even if they demonstrate experience in the role, every workplace is a little different and has unique requirements and ways of doing things
It’s a time consuming task, and as an employer you likely have many other pressing things making demands on your time.
Fortunately there is an easy solution that requires virtually no effort on your part to get the right staff when you need them.
The expert team at Blue Collar People vet all employees prior to sending casuals to your place of work. This ensures they have the necessary skills, experience, attributes and the right attitude to be an asset to your business.
No matter what your industry is in the field of blue collar, we have many skilled and unskilled workers on our books who can fulfil all your required roles on a casual basis. Whether it’s construction, mining, electrical and more, we’ve definitely got you covered.
All you really need to do is tell us exactly what you need and we’ll arrange the workforce for you. We do all the heavy lifting for you when it comes to finding you the right workers.
Let’s look at just some of the many benefits of casual labour hire:
- A simplified recruitment process
- Access to a ready and large pool of versatile talent
- Enjoy the flexibility that a casual workforce will give you and your company
- Blue Collar People pays the workers for their hours worked and you make a simple payment to BCP for the labour hire
Read more about casual labour hire below: